Notably, a new short course in travel medicine was presented to the audience. The short course targets general practitioners and will start in 2020.
Another highlight was the preview of the new ITM travel health website and app. The new platforms will replace the current travel health website and will be launched on 4 November 2019.
In addition, some new recommendations were proposed for Belgian travel clinics:
- The Superior Health Council recommends a single reinforcing vaccination at the occasion of a future travel to an endemic region after minimally a one month interval. The current recommendation was a one-time injection valid for life and if needed a booster vaccination at ten years.
- The adapted malaria ITM maps 2019 for clinical use were presented.
The 13th edition of the seminar was organised by the Belgian Scientific Study Group on Travel Medicine.
1. Emerging infectious diseases
2. New website/app travel medicine
3. New course on travel health
4. Malaria in Belgium: new challenges
5. mRDT in travelers
6. Hot topics CISTM Washington
7. Top ten papers
Meer nieuws over
PUBLIC HEALTH BUITEN LAND