The Institute for Tropical Medicine (ITM) was established over a century ago. We began by training doctors and nurses and are now internationally recognised in the fields of education, medicine, science and world health. ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on the new international health challenges. We aim at advancing and spreading sciences that contribute to tropical medicine and to public health in developing countries.
The Unit of Education at the Clinical Sciences Department focuses on postgraduate training: face-to-face, blended and distance-learning. Our teaching activities are mainly on clinical and biomedical sciences of tropical diseases (including HIV, TB, malaria, STI and vaccine-preventable diseases), research and evidence-based medicine. We seek a colleague to coordinate, organise and support teaching activities in collaboration with all stakeholders involved in education in the department and in the South.
- You will coordinate and organise different educational activities of the department of Clinical Sciences, including curriculum development.
- You will develop and apply new educational methods and technologies for the courses. You will support and advise students and teachers on these topics.
- You will coordinate and develop Wikitropica, the open educational resource on tropical medicine.
- You will be in charge of the coordination of an Erasmus+ Development Cooperation project, linked to Wikitropica.
- You will support the development of the travel health digital platforms (Wanda, Wanda Pro).
- You will actively support institutional distance/blended learning activities at ITM.
- You build up and maintain a network of internal and external contacts regarding TEL and Wikitropica.
- You are a social/human/educational scientist with a master degree and with expertise in education, TEL and project management.
- A pedagogic certificate is desirable.
- You have experience with designing and delivering training solutions and you are familiar with e-learning tools.
- You have working experience in tropical settings.
- You speak and write fluently Dutch and English; knowledge of French is an asset.
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work independently.
- You are willing to travel abroad for short missions.
ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on global health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training. We offer:
- An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, in which personal initiative can be developed.
- A pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training.
- A full-time position for 2 years (renewable), starting from November 2020.
- A salary set according to the pay scales of ITM and the Flemish universities and to your work experience with supplementary benefits: a public transport subscription and/or bicycle fee, private pension scheme and meal voucher subscription.
- An immigration and relocation assistance package.
Are you an ITM-colleague and ready for a new challenge? Do not hesitate to contact HR about this position. Your candidacy will be handled strictly confidential.
Maybe this job does not fit your profile, but you know someone who does? Share this vacancy!