The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) is internationally recognised as a center of excellence for education, research and service delivery in the field of tropical medicine. The Department of Clinical Science concentrates on patient-based research, training and services in developing countries, with emphasis on tropical and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
The department also runs the Medical Services, a national reference center for tropical, infectious and imported diseases and HIV/AIDS.
The Travel Clinic, one of the flagships of the Department of Clinical Sciences, is in charge of service delivery, expert advise, research, and training in all aspects of travel and tropical medicine.
We are looking for a specialist internal medicine in the ITM pre- and post-travel outpatient clinic.
- You will work as an internist in the pre- and post-travel outpatient clinic.
- You will assist in the routine HIV care (start pre-exposure prophylaxis and follow-up of new HIV patients).
- You will occasionally assume the supervision of the Infectious Diseases Unit of the University Hospital of Antwerp, including some weekends.
- You occasionally participate in the research activities and studies conducted in infectious diseases, both at ITM and/or abroad.
- You report to the Head of the Travel Clinic, Dr Patrick Soentjens.
- You are a medical doctor with a specialisation in internal medicine, certified and registered to practice as such in Belgium.
- You hold a diploma in tropical medicine.
- You hold a diploma in infectious diseases or are willing to follow the interuniversitary course.
- You have experience in clinical management of infectious and tropical diseases.
- You have an interest in research in infectious diseases.
- You are a good communicator and team player.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on the new international health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training. We offer you:
- An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, with room for personal initiative.
- A full-time contract of two years, extendable. Starting date: as soon as possible.
- A salary set according to the pay scales of the ITM and the Flemish universities, complemented by clinical fees and supplementary benefits: a public transport subscription and/or bicycle fee, private pension scheme and meal voucher subscription.
- You will work at the ITM headquarters, situated in the bustling city of Antwerp.
Are you an ITM-colleague and ready for a new challenge? Do not hesitate to contact HR about this position. Your candidacy will be handled strictly confidential.
Share this vacancy if you know someone who might be a good fit!