The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) is internationally recognized as a centre of excellence for education, research and service provision in the field of tropical medicine. The Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) collaborates with clinical researchers at ITM and at partner institutions. The CTU is setting up and conducting clinical trials as well as other research studies in humans which address health problems in Belgium and in resource-limited settings in the South. To support the increasing number of projects coordinated by the CTU as well as other research activities within the Department of Clinical Sciences, we are looking forward to extend our team with a clinical trials biostatistician.
If you would like to contribute to international health research and are eager to become part of a committed team, you could be the colleague we are looking for!
- Provide statistical expertise for clinical trials as well as for other clinical research projects (e.g. trial design, sample size calculations, preparation of randomization lists, …etc.)
- Supervise and coordinate the workflows within the team of CTU statisticians
- Prepare statistical analysis plans, perform statistical analysis and report on study results
- Write statistical sections of the study protocol as well as methods and results sections of the clinical study report and manuscripts.
- Prepare reports to Data Safety Monitoring Boards of clinical trials.
- Interact with CTU colleagues and researchers to give statistical input and guidance.
- Be a member of research consortia and Trial Management Groups, co-determinate the projects’ design and stimulate interdisciplinary collaboration within projects.
- Contribute to the strengthening of statistical expertise of partner institutes in the developing world.
- Ensure the conduct of statistical activities according to ICH-GCP guidelines and ITM SOPs.
- Participate in educational and training activities related to statistics and clinical trial methodology, within ITM and externally at partner institutions and collaborators.
- Master in biostatistics or applied statistics.
- Profound experience in biostatistics with proven expertise in statistical analysis of clinical trials
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques applicable to clinical research (survival analysis, longitudinal analyses, generalized linear models, missing data methods,… etc).
- Thorough technical knowledge of one or more statistical software packages: SAS, Stata, R. Experience in clinical trials-related SAS programming is preferred.
- Good presentation and communication skills and interest in coaching and teaching activities. You are able to explain study results in a clear, concise and easy-to understand English to an audience of non-statisticians.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
The ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on the new international health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training.
We offer you:
· A fulltime employment for 2 year, extendable. Starting date as soon as possible.
· A salary according to the scales of the Flemish universities and to your work experience, with some supplementary extra-legal benefits, such as private pension scheme and meal vouchers subscription.
For more information contact HR (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your CV with your letter of motivation to email@example.com before August 20, 2021.
Does this job not fit your profile, but do you know someone who does? Give him/her that chance and share this vacancy.