The Department of Public Health (DPH) organises a master programme in public health, postgraduate courses in tropical medicine and international health and various short courses targeting global students.
The department collaborates with partner institutes all over the world through a project called the “Alliance for Education in Tropical Medicine and International Public Health”. This project, funded by Belgian Development Cooperation, focuses on mobility of staff and students, mutual support of course development and internationalisation, joint courses and staff professionalisation initiatives, exchange on quality assurance and networking with alumni.
The pedagogical approach of our in-house and collaborative educational portfolio is based on methods for adult and peer-learning. We believe that effective learning and teaching experiences are co-created by students and staff. For most of our courses we prefer face-to-face interaction but technology enhanced learning, blended and e-learning have increasingly become part of our approach.
We are looking for a teaching and learning expert with experience in technology enhanced learning.
- As pedagogical expert you will provide support for the development and quality of our approach to teaching and learning, for both courses at the DPH and collaborative educational initiatives with international partners. You will be the reference person for pedagogical innovation including technology enhanced learning .
- You will support relevant stakeholders (students, teachers, course coordinators, international partners …) with the development of teaching and learning tasks and their adaptation to a face-to-face, blended or e-learning modality.
- You will offer advice on instructional design, including assessment methods.
- You will contribute to the development, evaluation and implementation of innovative teaching methods and technologies, to maintain and improve educational quality.
- You will support the training of teaching staff in the use of innovative teaching & learning methods.
- You will support the training of teaching staff in the use of educational technology, such as the LMS or digital interactivity tools.
- You will build expertise, and keep up to date with international evolutions in adult learning and technology enhanced learning in order to define innovative proposals and convert these into effective learning initiatives.
- You will build an internal and external network of contacts relevant to your field of expertise.
- You will work in close collaboration with student representatives, teaching staff, education coordinators, and support staff of the three scientific departments of ITM, ITM Education Office and partner institutions.
- You report to the education coordinator of the Public Health Department.
- You hold a master’s degree. Your field of study is pedagogical sciences or a related field.
- You have experience in teaching and learning in higher education and/or adult learning and/or life-long learning.
- You have experience with or training in technology enhanced learning and/or e-learning
- It’s an asset if you are acquainted with the functionalities of a Learning Management Systems, especially Moodle.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an international environment.
- You are able to organise your work independently and meet deadlines.
- You are creative, pro-active, dynamic and solution-oriented.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and (preferably also) French.
ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on the new international health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training.
We offer you:
- A full-time position with initially a contract of two years, extendable to a permanent position. Starting date: as soon as possible.
- A salary set according to the pay scales of ITM and the Flemish universities and to your work experience with some supplementary benefits, such as a private pension scheme and meal voucher subscription.
- An immigration and relocation assistance package.
Send your CV, including references, with your letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 16, 2021
Share this vacancy if you know someone who might be a good match!