The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) is internationally recognized as a centre of excellence for education, research and service provision in the field of tropical medicine.
The Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) collaborates with clinical researchers at ITM and at partner institutions. The CTU is setting up and conducting clinical trials as well as other research studies in humans which address health problems in Belgium and in resource-limited settings in the South. To support the increasing number of projects coordinated by the CTU, we are looking forward to extend our team with a clinical research data manager.
- You are responsible for the data management of clinical trials and other research studies conducted in collaboration with the Clinical Trials Unit of ITM. As such, you will design, develop and manage GCP-compliant study databases and interact with researchers, data reviewers, trial coordinators and statisticians.
- Depending on the projects, you can be involved in the review and cleaning of the study database as well as in the preparation and completion of database lock.
- You represent the ITM in working groups, networks, conferences and events on clinical trials and clinical data management.
- You explore new methodological approaches to clinical data management and apply when appropriate.
- You prepare study-specific documents related to the data management lifecycle, including e.g. Case Report Forms, (e)CRF completion guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, system validation forms, data management plans, database lock and data archiving notes, …etc.
- You assist in data management trainings in Belgium and in resource-limited settings.
- You report on study progress, in line with deadlines and milestones, to the Head of the Clinical Trials Unit.
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree OR you have relevant proven experience in data management on your track record.
- You are eager to learn and you can work independently.
- You have an eye for detail and you are well organized.
- You have good presentation and communication skills and you are willing to participate in educational and training activities.
- You are a team player and problem solver. You are stress resistant and able to prioritize when confronted with a high workload.
- You are open to short travels (1 to 2 weeks), both in Europe and overseas (mainly resource-limited settings), for providing data management training to study collaborators.
- You have excellent knowledge of Office applications
- You have excellent knowledge of English and French.
The ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on the new international health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training. We offer you:
· A fulltime employment for 1 year, extendable. Starting date as soon as possible.
· A salary according to the scales of the Flemish universities and to your work experience, with supplementary extra-legal benefits: a public transport subscription and/or bicycle fee, private pension scheme and meal vouchers subscription.