The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp aims at the advancement and spread of science that contributes to infectious disease medicine and to public health globally with focus on low- and middle income countries, inclusive of their global dimensions. ITM provides fundamental, translational and applied scientific research, delivers advanced education and provides medical, scientific and societal expert services. ITM is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on new international health challenges.
The Department of Clinical Sciences concentrates on patient-based research, training and services in developing countries, with emphasis on tropical and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS. The department also runs the Medical Services, a national reference center for among others HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. The HIV/STI Clinic, one of the flagships of the Department of Clinical Sciences, is in charge of service delivery, expert advice, research, and training in all aspects of HIV and STI’s.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed specialist in internal medicine and infectiology to join our multidisciplinary team in the HIV reference center of ITM.
- You will predominantly work as an internist in the ITM outpatient clinic with a main focus on follow-up of HIV patients. You will additionally assist in the STI care and HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. You will also assist in the pre- and posttravel care.
- You will be on call for of the Infectious Diseases Unit of the University Hospital of Antwerp, in rotation with colleagues from the ITM and from the University Hospital.
- Depending on your interests and skills, you can be involved in the teaching and/or research activities and studies in Infectious Diseases from our department.
- You are a medical doctor with a specialization in internal medicine and infectiology, certified and registered to practice as such in Belgium.
- Thorough knowledge on HIV and/or STI’s is an asset.
- Clinical management of infectious diseases is an asset.
- You are a good communicator and team-player.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and French. English is desirable.
ITM is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive institute. We strive for excellence and relevance, integrity, sustainability and persistence and fairness. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. We offer you:
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration. Starting date: as soon as possible.
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a small-scale outpatient clinic with attention to individual growth and development and a strong focus on collaboration and interaction. ITM is located in the middle of the vibrant city of Antwerp and is easily accessible by public transport.
- You have the possibility to build up your expertise in HIV and STI’s, both in Belgium as overseas.
- A salary set according to the pay scales of ITM and the Flemish universities, complemented by clinical fees and some supplementary benefits, such as private pension scheme and meal voucher subscription.
Are you an ITM-colleague and ready for a new challenge? Do not hesitate to contact HR about this position. Your candidacy will be handled strictly confidential.
Does this job not fit your profile, but do you know someone who does? Give him/her that chance and share this vacancy.