Conditions for using the Travelfoon (travel advice by phone)
The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) has a premium rate number 0902 88 0 88 for issuing travel advice.
By calling the above premium rate number (‘de Travelfoon’), you agree to the following conditions:
- This service costs 1 euro per minute. This rate starts as soon as you choose a language in our system, even if you enter a queue first.
- This service is available every working day from 9am to 12am and from 1pm to 5pm.
- The ITM:
- Offers this service in 3 languages: Dutch, French and English.
- Has at least one person available during opening hours to answer calls.
- Tells you how many people are ahead of you if there is a queue.
- Pursuant to the Royal Decree of 24 March 2009 (Article 5, section 6), the call is automatically terminated after 10 minutes. The caller is responsible for monitoring the time on the line and if necessary to call again later when there are fewer people in the queue.
The busiest call times are between 9am and 10am, between 11am and 12pm and between 1pm and 2pm. Monday is the busiest day of the week. Please avoid these times if possible.