Education Policy Officer
Central Policy Offices
Apply before 30 June 2023
The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) is internationally recognised as a centre of excellence for education, research and service delivery in the field of tropical medicine and public health in low and middle income countries (LMIC).
The Education Office coordinates, supports and promotes all teaching and training activities of ITM. It contributes to the development, implementation and quality assurance of academic policies, including innovation, international networking and collaboration, and alumni coordination.
We are seeking to recruit an education policy officer to reinforce the educational and organisational capacities of the team, which is part of the Director’s office and reports to the Management Committee. The new officer will report to the head of the Education Office and collaborate closely with departmental and central units involved in education, research and management.
· You will support ITM’s management in the maintenance, development and innovation of the educational strategy and portfolio of ITM.
· You will play an active role in the quality management and assurance of the educational programmes as well as their impact assessment.
· You will develop and support the further implementation of ITM’s student information system.
· You will be responsible for the educational data warehouse: you will further develop the data warehouse and develop the educational dashboard.
· You will be responsible to provide relevant qualitative and quantitative data for the monitoring and support of ITM’s educational policy and strategy.
· You will analyse the supporting and administrative educational processes, suggest and implement improvements.
· You will represent the Education Office in internal and external boards and meetings.
· You have a master degree with clear relevance for the described assignments, preferably in the field of health. A PhD is an asset.
· You have relevant experience with respect to the collection, analysis and reporting of quantitative data.
· You have good analytical and problem solving skills.
· You have strong organisational, managerial and communicative skills, and are able to convince based on expertise and evidence.
· You have experience in quality assurance in higher education or you are interested to develop expertise in this area.
· You have a pro-active, can-do mentality. You are flexible, and a team-player.
· You are committed to high standards of quality, integrity and partnership.
· You are fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
The Institute of Tropical Medicine is an open and international campus where staff, students and researchers work on new international health challenges. We strive for excellence, integrity, specificity and efficiency. Your assignment contributes to our mission. We value human dignity and diversity, academic creativity and a critical spirit, solidarity and cooperation, and the well-being of employees, students, patients and clients. Together we ensure a pleasant working atmosphere with attention to work-life balance and opportunities for training. We offer you:
· An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, encouraging personal initiative and development.
· Highly motivated, professional and experienced team members.
· A work place in the historical and vibrant city centre of Antwerp.
· The possibility of structural telework up to 2 days/week.
· A full-time contract of undetermined duration.
· A salary package depending on your profile and professional experience, and supplementary benefits, such as private pension scheme, meal voucher subscription and reimbursement of transport.