Distinguished academics granted ITM honorary titles
Since November 2020, ITM is endorsing partnerships with external international scientists and academics by awarding honorary appointments
ITM works with scientists and academics from institutes all around the world, people who demonstrate clear, substantive and ongoing commitments to our mission and vision. In addition to our institutional collaborations, we also want to recognise individual academics and scientists, thus increasing the visibility of valued collaborations and further supporting current and future ones. The recognition of excellence in these partnerships also contributes to ITM’s ambition to be a vibrant open global campus.
In order to endorse partnerships that include an external (inter)national scientist or academic, our institute awards honorary appointments. The honorary titles are granted for a period of three years, which a possibility for one extension. Candidates are put forward by ITM’s Heads of Department, and applications for honorary appointments are submitted to the Management Committee twice a year.
We are pleased to have granted the following honorary titles:
- Halidou Tinto, Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé Nanoro (Burkina Faso)
- Larissa Otero, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Peru)
- Por Ir, Deputy Director at National Institute of Public Health (Cambodia)
- Erika Vlieghe, University Hospital Antwerp (Belgium)
- John F May, George Mason University (USA)