In 2020 ITM commissioned Syspons to conduct a Social, Developmental and Professional Impact Evaluation of ITM’s Educational Activities and Scholarship Programme. The evaluation focussed on ITM’s Master courses, Short Courses, and Post-Graduate Courses between 2008 and 2019, as well as the respective DGD-funded scholarships. In addition, the PhD programme in the period between 2003 and 2019 was analysed, with a focus on the DGD-funded sandwich programme. The evaluation’s objective was to generate insights into the social, developmental, and professional impact of ITM’s educational and scholarship activities on alumni competencies, capacities, and networks, and help ITM gain an understanding of the mechanisms and conditions under which impact occurs.
In this webinar we present the results of the evaluation.
9.30-9.40: Introduction by Govert van Heusden, head of ITM education office
9.35-10.10: Presentation of results by Johanna Renz, senior consultant Syspons
10.10 – 10.30: Q&A
- Introduction: Govert van Heusden
- Govert van Heusden is Academic Coordinator Education/Head of ITMs Education Office. He is responsible for education policy advise to management, educational quality assurance and external relations in the field of education and training amongst others. Govert holds obtained a DTM and MPH degree at ITM. He has over 15 years clinical, public health management and teaching experience in LMICs. Govert joined ITM in 2003.
- Presentation: Johanna Renz
- Johanna Renz is a Senior Consultant at Syspons GmbH, which is a public sector consultancy in Germany. She is a social scientist by training with a Master in Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation from the University of Oxford. In her work, she runs monitoring and evaluation projects especially in the higher education sector. She was the project manager of the Social and Developmental Impact Evaluation of ITM’s Educational Activities and Scholarship Programme.
- Moderator: Heleen Annemans
- Heleen Annemans is Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at ITMs International Cooperation and Development Projects. She holds Master degrees in International Politics and Journalism a.o.. Before joining ITM she worked in M&E for Plan International, and as a programme manager for UN Women Uganda, and programme assistant for ENABEL in Niger. Heleen is responsible for evaluation management and policy development at ITM.