This 2-week hands-on course offers you an introduction into epidemiological modelling. You will learn to evaluate multiple diagnostic tests, perform simulation modelling of disease transmission processes and more.
Deadline: 5 December 2022
4 ECTS Credits
This module is a hands-on practical introduction to epidemiological modelling, including simulation modelling. It is entirely taught face to face at ITM. If you are not allowed to travel, there will also be a possibilty to follow the course online.
- If you are an MScGOH student, you first have to follow the 'Basic' and 'Advanced Epidemiology' modules. A mark of 60% in the ‘Advanced Epidemiology’ module is required, before you can start with this one.
- If you are not an MScGOH student, please consult the 'Eligibility Criteria'.
- Carry out a quantitative risk analysis including uncertainty analysis.
- Understand Bayesian inference.
- Evaluate multiple diagnostic tests.
- Translate available data and expert opinions into probability distributions.
- Perform simulation modelling of disease transmission processes.