Health care and policy
Health care is the maintenance or improvement of health via the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Access to it, which is crucial for any individual, is predominantly influenced by social and economic conditions, as well as the health policies in place in the given country or area.
The expertise of ITM researchers in the domain includes:
- The evaluation of specific control interventions at population level
- Socio-economical and organizational aspects of health care
- General and international health care policy
Beside research, the units involved have long standing prowess in post-graduation and service delivery, of which the prestigious 50-year-old Master of Science in Public Health programme is a prime example.
Among others, main research lines at ITM include:
- Strategic management of local health systems
- Evaluation and research methodologies for complex health (system) problems
- Innovative platforms for care for life-long conditions
- Health workforce policies
- Relation between disease control programs & health systems strengthening
- Financial access for the poor
- Universal health coverage and health care financing
- Equity and health